Saturday, August 11, 2007

Delineations

Trying to help keep communications clear and open

I think I need to state my position on this project directly (apart from actor and writer).

I am the Executive Producer. I will be the chief financier of the project. I am contributing 3000 dollars to the project, which will likely be more than 50%. Therefore, if the movie makes any profit in festivals or elsewhere, at this moment I reserve the right to divvy up the funds as I see fit.


I am not a creative producer. As far as all the aesthetic decisions go, I may give my input to Bradley, but the decision is ultimately his and his alone. The only aspect of the creative process that I do lay claim to, is the right to wield my power as pertaining to any sculptural changes to the script. If Bradley or anyone else wants to make a change to the script that I feel is not in-line with my original decision, I will veto it. But, barring script changes, all the creative power, from location to color scheme lies in Bradley's command.

Okay, forgive me if that sounded a bit terse, but I thought it would be better just to state it and clear up any doubt as to my role behind the scenes on this film.

No comments: